Certificate of State registration (former Hygienic certificate)
In connection with the entry into force of the Regulation of Customs Union on sanitary measures dated on 01.07.2010 the issuing of sanitary-epidemiological certificates is stopped. The actual document confirming the quality and safety of the product is the Certificate of State registration of Customs Union, which is valid on the entire territory of the Customs Union including three countries – Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
The list of products subject to the State registration is regulated in the Decision of CU Commission number 299 of 28 May 2010. Here is the list of goods that are subject to the mandatory State registration:
1. Mineral water, bottled drinking water, packaged in containers (including for using in baby food), tonic drinks, alcoholic beverages, including alcohol drinks, beer and similar.
2. Specialised food products, including baby food, food for pregnant and lactating women, dietary products (medical) power supply products for athletes (hereinafter – special foods); biologically active food additives, raw materials for the production of biologically active food supplements, organic products.
3. Food products produced using genetically modified (transgenic) organisms, including genetically modified microorganisms.
4. Additives, complex food supplements, flavourings, vegetable extracts as flavouring materials and raw materials, starter cultures of microorganisms and bacterial ferment processing aids, including enzyme preparations.
5. Cosmetic products; oral equipment and hygiene products.
6. Disinfectants, pest and deratization means (for use at home, in health care facilities and other facilities (except used in veterinary medicine)).
7. Household chemical products.
8. Potentially hazardous chemical and biological products, and manufactured on the basis of their solutions that are potentially dangerous to humans (except drugs), individual substances (compounds) of natural or artificial origin, capable in terms of production, use, transport, processing, and also in living conditions have adverse effects on human health and the environment.
9. Materials, equipment, apparatus and other technical means of water treatment, intended for usage in drinking water.
10. Personal hygiene items for children and adults; baby items related to children in age under three years: dishes and products used for child nutrition, hygiene items on child care; clothes for children (first layer).
11. Products intended for contact with food (except kitchenware, tableware, process equipment).
The total list of goods subject to sanitary and epidemiological supervision (control) at the customs border and customs territory of the customs union is included in 3 different documents.
- List of products subject to sanitary control on the territory of the Customs Union.
The list of products on which should be issued a registration certificate, prior to the release of products in the market appeal.
- List of products manufactured in the market appeal without restrictions.
- Electrical equipment, electronics, telecommunications equipment and information technology equipment is included in the section 1. Thus, it is not necessary to issue a registration certificate, but because it is subject to sanitary control, it must be registered with a declaration of conformity issued or other document confirming the compliance with current regulations. Currently the Department of Sanitary and Epidemiological Surveillance on the product issue the expert resolution and the explanation letters.
Please kindly note, that without a Certificate of state registration for goods subject to the mandatory State registration, it is impossible to obtain a certificate of conformity (CoC) or a declaration of conformity (DoC). This would result in refusal to the importation and distribution of your product or products into the territory of the Russian Federation and the Customs Union.
Duration: approximately 4 weeks