When equipment is required to work in an environment where there is a risk of explosion, all equipment needs to be approved and is thereafter referred to as “Ex – equipment”. This applies to both electrical and non electrical equipment. The Explosion-Safety Certificate of Conformity (Ex-CoC) is a document certifying that a certain type of equipment complies with the specific standards for explosion-protection and is designed specifically for use in explosive environment. Therefore manufacturing, selling and use of such equipment in the territory of Customs union requires a mandatory explosion proof (explosion safety) certificate.
The corresponding technical regulation is approved by the Resolution № 825 of 18.10.2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union.
This technical regulation of the Customs Union TR CU 012/2011 applies to electric (including Ex-components) and non-electrical equipment for use in explosive environments.
Equipment used in explosive environments must be marked correctly and comply with the technical requirements.
Execution time: 4-8 weeks after a complete package of documents is provided
Validity period: single shipment, up to 5 years for serial production
Excluded from this regulations are the following product groups:
- medical devices and equipment;
- equipment, which is considered as explosive due to the presence of hazardous substances and unstable chemical compounds;
- equipment where an explosive atmosphere may be developed as a result of an unexpected leakage of flammable gas;
- personal protective equipment;
- sea vessels, inland and mixed (river-sea), and mobile offshore drilling platforms for use in marine and inland waters, and other vessels, as well as used to them – public service vehicles for the transport of passengers and goods by air , road, rail or water transport; machinery and equipment;
- nuclear weapons facilities organizations nuclear defense complex than their constituent equipment located in hazardous areas.