When equipment is required to work in an environment where there is a risk of explosion, all equipment needs to be approved and is thereafter referred to as “Ex – equipment”. This applies to both electrical and non electrical equipment. The Explosion-Safety Certificate of Conformity (Ex-CoC) is a document certifying that a certain type of equipment complies with the specific standards for explosion-protection and is designed specifically for use in explosive environment. Therefore manufacturing, selling and use of such equipment in the territory of Customs union requires a mandatory explosion proof (explosion safety) certificate.
The corresponding technical regulation is approved by the Resolution № 825 of 18.10.2011 of the Commission of the Customs Union.
This technical regulation of the Customs Union TR CU 012/2011 applies to electric (including Ex-components) and non-electrical equipment for use in explosive environments.
Equipment used in explosive environments must be marked correctly and comply with the technical requirements.
Execution time: 4-8 weeks after a complete package of documents is provided
Validity period: single shipment, up to 5 years for serial production
Excluded from this regulations are the following product groups:
- medical devices and equipment;
- equipment, which is considered as explosive due to the presence of hazardous substances and unstable chemical compounds;
- equipment where an explosive atmosphere may be developed as a result of an unexpected leakage of flammable gas;
- personal protective equipment;
- sea vessels, inland and mixed (river-sea), and mobile offshore drilling platforms for use in marine and inland waters, and other vessels, as well as used to them – public service vehicles for the transport of passengers and goods by air , road, rail or water transport; machinery and equipment;
- nuclear weapons facilities organizations nuclear defense complex than their constituent equipment located in hazardous areas.
Prior to application for our services please fill out the Initial data request TR CU 012 carefully and submit with the request form.